I have been making art in a variety of media for most of my adult life. I look for the abstract in the real – patterns and symmetries in discarded and dilapidated objects: rusted metal, abandoned machinery and derelict buildings. I’m drawn to strong verticals and horizontals. I’m also attracted to the energy and graphic power of wall art.
In other guises, I…
- studied music, history and philosophy at the University of Toronto, earning Bachelor, Master and Education degrees
- taught in six Ontario secondary schools for a total of 33 years
- was a member of Bell’Arte Singers for 22 years
- am president and secretary of the Ontario Philosophy Teachers’ Association (OPTA)
- am a volunteer docent at the Art Gallery of Ontario in Toronto (AGO).
- one of a two-man show at Cedar Ridge Art Centre, Toronto
- participant in group show at Elizabeth Art Gallery, Goderich, Ontario
- participant in two AGO staff and volunteer shows at Art Square Gallery, Toronto
My work is in private collections in Canada, the United States and Australia.
Except for resampling and resizing, the images on this site have endured little or no processing or manipulation.
Purchase information will follow.
wall art Disclaimer
I freely acknowledge that I have photographed the work of other artists. Wall art is ephemeral. Most if not all of these works have deteriorated, been vandalized or destroyed. My photographs may be the only record that they ever existed. I sincerely affirm that the names of their creators are unknown to me. If and when I am reliably informed of an artist’s identity, I will happily recognize their work. I pledge that I will not profit from an acknowledged work without permission. If a dispute arises, the image in question will be removed from this site. I hope that my personal photographs will be given the same consideration.