I look for the abstract in the real – patterns and symmetries in discarded and dilapidated objects: rusted metal, abandoned machinery, derelict buildings and construction site hoardings. I’m drawn to strong verticals and horizontals. I’m also attracted to the energy and graphic power of wall art.
In other guises, I…
- retired after 33 years as a visual art and philosophy teacher in Ontario secondary schools.
- am a volunteer docent at the Art Gallery of Ontario in Toronto (AGO).
- one of a two-man show at Cedar Ridge Art Centre, Toronto
- participant in group show at Elizabeth Art Gallery, Goderich, Ontario
- participant in two AGO staff and volunteer shows at Art Square Gallery, Toronto
My pictures are in private collections in Canada, the United States and Australia.
Camera: Canon 5D Mark IV
Lenses: Canon EF 24-105mm 4 L IS USM, Canon EF 16-35mm 2.8 L II USM
Software: Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom
Except for resampling and resizing, the images on this site have endured little or no processing or manipulation.
Purchase information will follow.
wall art Disclaimer
I freely acknowledge that I have photographed the work of other artists. Wall art is ephemeral. Most if not all of these works have deteriorated, been tagged or overpainted. My photographs may be the only record that they ever existed. I sincerely affirm that the names of their creators are unknown to me. If and when I am reliably informed of an artist’s identity, I will happily credit their work. If a dispute arises, the image in question will be removed from this site.